Saturday, September 1, 2012

BORN TODAY

BORN TODAY: Yvonne De Carlo (1922 - 2007)

Yvonne De Carlo may not have been one of the major stars of her time, but she still left her mark playing mostly exotic beauties as well as starring in many westerns. During her six-decade career she made over seventy films and made many TV appearances - most notably as Lily Munster in The Munsters. The most prominent movies she starred in include Salome Where She Danced (1945), The Ten Commandments (1956) (she met her stuntman husband on location in Egypt), Criss Cross (1949) and Buccaneer's Girl (1950).

Quote: "I was on cloud nine all the time. After I made my hit in Salome, Universal sent me to New York so I could learn to be a proper movie star."






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and comments - it is much appreciated!